Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Breakdown

She slowly takes a deep drink of her tea before looking back up at the night elf sitting at the table across from her. He looks at her expectantly.

She clears her throat before quietly continuing, "You know I was sent to Outland."

He nods, "We both were."

She gives him a dark look, "It was there, bathed in demon blood under a rain of hellfire, that I found out He was gone."

He shrugs, "Me too."

She stares into her now empty mug, "I didn't know what to do. My whole purpose up to that point was to work my way back to Northrend to Him, to kill Him."

He reaches his hand across and softly wraps his hand around hers holding the mug, "I know. That was my purpose too. We had been separated. I tried to look for you, but there was no trace."

She doesn't shake his touch away this time. "I didn't know what to do," she repeats.

"Where did you go, Ice? What happened?"

"First, I went to Shattrath. I spent some time there among the Aldors, among my people, trying to get my life back, trying to rediscover the Light." She does not lift her gaze to meet his, "I didn't have much luck."

"I went to Shattrath too, in search of you, but did not find you. I thought you might have gone to them but the Aldors were hesitant to give me any information."

She glances up at him, "You looked for me? Why?"

He shakes his head, "I don't know why. I was lost too, you know. I thought maybe we could help each other."

She looks back down at her mug and mutters, "You don't seem so lost now..."

He gives her a hopeful smile, "I'm not lost anymore."

She looks back up at him, "I don't know how you managed it. I've been all over Azeroth trying to find my way. I just don't know what to do anymore. My heart wasn't in the battle against Deathwing. I don't know if I even have a heart left. I just don't care about anything anymore..."

He pats her hand, "You'll find your way. And I will help if I can. It just takes time."

No comments:

Post a Comment