Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another Drink

The night elf squeezes the draenei's hand before abruptly standing, knocking his knuckles loudly on the table. He bellows, "Barkeep, something a little stronger for me and my friend!"

Looking slightly embarrassed and slightly annoyed, the draenei sinks deep in her chair, hiding her amused smile behind the now empty mug of tea. She hisses at him to sit back down.

"What, Ice? Why are you still afraid of people noticing you?" He spreads his arms wide, gesturing around the bar, "No one cares anymore. We are just another part of the world now."

A curvaceous and red-haired dwarf delivers their mugs of mead, winking at the night elf as she gathers the pot and mugs of tea. He winks back at her slyly as he settles back into his seat, and she bustles away blushing.

The draenei shakes her head, whispering, "You haven't changed a bit."

"On the contrary," he says. "I'm far more confident now than I ever was before." He clears his throat. "Not that I was lacking in confidence then." He gives her a earnest look, "You should be confident too."

She frowns, "You don't understand, Torq."

He sighs and leans back in his chair, sipping his mead, "What don't I understand, Ice? Talk to me."

She takes a deep breath, preparing herself to to tell him. "The Aldor in Shattrath... They sent me away," she begins haltingly. "I think they were afraid of me. They sent me on to the group of draenei on Azeroth, to the Exodar." She shakes her head looking glumly into the mug she hasn't touched yet, "I learned nothing more there. I didn't really expect to. The Aldor just wanted me safely out of their hair. I was so angry, so..." She pauses, searching for the right word, "...unpredictable."

"Ice, you've always been unpredictable. It's who you are."

She chuckles darkly, "Maybe, but the anger makes it worse." She takes a deep drink of the mead.

He gives her a puzzled look, "Why are you still angry?"

"She balls her fists, her entire body shaking with energy, "Exactly! I don't know!" She pounds her fists into the sturdy, dwarven-made table. "If I knew then maybe I could control it. Afterall, He is gone. There is nothing left to focus my fury at. All I am left with is this anger that won't abate. The Aldor and the draenei of the Exodar... They didn't trust me. I hardly trust myself..."

No comments:

Post a Comment